As part of the Torrens Rail to River Torrens Project, major works are continuing in the rail corridor, between Queen Street and Croydon Station, Croydon, weather permitting.
- Installation of the L-walls for the new Croydon Station has taken longer than expected.
- In order to complete these works as soon as possible, from 7pm Thursday 9 November 2017 for approximately 10 days, day and night works will be undertaken to backfill the L-walls on the southern side of the station along Euston Terrace.
- Upcoming works include the installation of conduits to station platforms and for signalling, installation of pedestrian mazeways plus new kerbing and pavement.
During these works a variety of equipment will be used including an excavator, trucks, compaction equipment and hand tools. Lighting towers will also be used in operation during night works.
- Due to delays in the installation of the L-walls, the Queen Street level crossing will now partially re-open to motorists at 6am Saturday 11 November 2017, from this time:
- Access across the level crossing from Queen Street to Elizabeth Street (northbound) will be reopened.
- Motorists wanting to cross the level crossing from Elizabeth Street to Queen Street (southbound) will continue to be redirected to South Road or Rosetta Street.
- The level crossing will be intermittently closed for further works, and advance notice will be provided to local residents and businesses.
- Day Terrace (east of Elizabeth Street) will continue to remain temporarily closed to motorists at Elizabeth Street.
For more information about these works please call: 1300 794 899 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org