As part of the Torrens Rail to River Torrens Project, major works are continuing in the rail corridor at Croydon Station, Croydon to 15 January 2018, weather permitting.
Wherever possible, the following works will be undertaken as day works. However, due to the nature of the works, some intermittent night works wil be required and the schedule is subject to change. The Community Team will endeavour to provide advance notice of any works that may potentially impact residents.
Monday 23 October and Tuesday 24 October 2017 (day and intermittent night works):
- Tamping works west of Croydon Station have been extended due to the unforeseen requirement to install new sleepers in the rail corridor at this location.
- Due to the proximity of heavy machinery, pedestrian access at the Queen Street level crossing may be temporarily unavailable for short periods of time during these works. At these times, onsite traffic controllers will either request that pedestrians wait to cross, or direct them to the Garnet Street crossing.
Other day and intermittent night works being undertaken this week:
- Track works west of Croydon Station west of Croydon Station to install new sleepers/track
- Stressing, clipping and welding of the new track
- Installation of precast concrete L walls for construction of new Croydon Station (this will now commence from Thursday 26 October 2017 for 2-5 days)
During these works a variety of equipment will be used including an excavator, trucks, compaction equipment, hand tools and
a tamper. Lighting towers will also be used in operation during night works.
Traffic arrangements – PLEASE NOTE
- Day Terrace (east of Elizabeth Street) will partially re-open to motorists at Elizabeth Street on a temporary basis from 6am Saturday 11 November 2017:
- Left turn movements in to Day Terrace from Elizabeth Street will be available.
- Right turn movements in to Day Terrace from Elizabeth Street will not be permitted.
- Access from Day Terrace on to Elizabeth Street will not be permitted.
- Left turn movements in and out of Elizabeth Street at South Road will continue to be available.
- We will provide residents with advance notice prior to Day Terrace re-opening at Elizabeth Street.
- Queen Street level crossing will partially re-open to motorists at 6am Saturday 11 November 2017, from this time:
- Access across the level crossing from Queen Street to Elizabeth Street (northbound) will be reopened.
- Motorists wanting to cross the level crossing from Elizabeth Street to Queen Street (southbound) will continue to be redirected to South Road or Rosetta Street.
- The level crossing will be intermittently closed for further works, and advance notice will be provided to local residents and businesses.
- The Croydon Station underpass will remain temporarily closed until 15 January 2018.
For more information about these works, temporary changes to traffic arrangements and alternative routes, please visit: www.t2talliance.com.au, call: 1300 794 899 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org