As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance is undertaking pavement and asphalt reinstatement works at the South Road intersection with Manton Street. To minimise disruption to peak hour traffic, these works will be undertaken from 7pm Friday 8 September to 6am Monday 11 September 2017, weather permitting.
Depending on the works progress, some finishing night works immediately after the weekend may be required.
- Removal of existing road pavement
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
A profiler, compaction equipment, paver, rock breaker, road saw, mobile crane, line-marking equipment, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 7pm Friday 8 September to 6am Monday 11 September 2017:
- Manton Street will be temporarily closed between South Road and Bacon Street.
- Left and right turns from South Road on to Manton Street will not be permitted.
- Right and left turns from Grange Road on to South Road will be maintained.
- One lane will be maintained on South Road southbound between Port Road and Susan Street.
- The u-turn facility at the South Road intersection with Grange Road/Manton Street will be maintained.
- Alternative heavy and light vehicle routes will be available.
- Click here to view the local detour map and Click here to view the bus detour map
- Traffic delays can be expected.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions, alternative routes for light and heavy vehicles and local detours. Please visit: t2talliance.com.au to view details.
Access to properties
- It is BUSINESS AS USUAL for businesses on Manton Street, South Road, Bacon Street and adjacent side streets.
- Alternative customer access arrangements will be in place for businesses where required. Signage will be in place to direct motorists.
- Access to Hindmarsh will be available to northbound traffic on South Road via the u-turn at the South Road intersection with Grange Road/Manton Street, Susan Street and/or Adam Street.
- Existing access to Susan Street, Adam Street and Bacon Street will maintained at all times during these works.
Cyclists and Pedestrians
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on both sides of Manton Street and on the southern side of the South Road intersection with Grange Road/Manton Street (to cross South Road), with the assistance of traffic controllers.
- Cyclists should follow the local detour routes in place for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian routes and crossings.
Bus users – Routes 115, 117, 118, A018
- Buses will be detoured via Adam Street and South Road.
- Bus stops 6 and 7 (inbound and outbound) on Manton Street between South Road and Adam Street will be temporarily closed.
- Signage will be in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaide.metro.com.au
For more information
Visit: www.t2talliance.com.au email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 1300 794 899
For real time alerts on delays, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and download the app.
Please check the T2T Alliance website to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of wet weather.