As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking service relocation works and temporary asphalting works in preparation for the Port Road bridge being opened to traffic in early April 2017.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will take place at various times over the weekend and nights between Friday 17 March and Friday 24 March 2017.
Key activities and locations
South Road and Port Road intersection
- Temporary asphalting works in the northbound lanes of South Road between Port Road and Princes Street from 7pm Friday 17 March to 6pm Saturday 18 March 2017 and 9am to 7pm Sunday 19 March 2017.
- Temporary asphalting works in the city bound lanes of Port Road, between Queen Street and South Road from 7pm Friday 17 March to 6pm Saturday 18 March 2017 and 9am to 7pm Sunday 19 March 2017.
- Stormwater works on both sides of Port Road, between Queen Street and South Road from 7pm to 6am, Monday 20 March to Friday 24 March 2017 (finishing 6am 24 March 2017).
- Installation of a new water main in the westbound lanes of Port Road between George Street and South Road from 7pm to 6am, Monday 20 March to Friday 24 March 2017 (finishing 6am 24 March 2017).
A mobile crane, excavator, asphalt paver, trucks, compaction equipment and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply at the South Road intersection with Port Road and on Port Road between Queen Street and George Street in vicinity of the works.
- Signage will be in place to alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
Some noise disturbance can be expected, however the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents as much as possible.
For further information about these works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: email@example.com