As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking sections of pavement works on Port Road near Queen Street, and in the Port Road median crossing at Queen Street.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken from 7pm Friday 6 July to 6am Monday 9 July, weather permitting.
- Removal of sections of existing road pavement, including topstone rectifications
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
An excavator, profiler, compaction equipment, asphalt paver, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
- The right turn from Port Road westbound in to Queen Street will be maintained.
- The right turn from Queen Street on to Port Road will be detoured via King Street.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply on Port Road in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- The car park in the Port Road median between Queen Street and South Road will remain open.
- The car park in the Port Road median at King Street will remain open.
Cyclists and Pedestrians
- The signalised pedestrian crossing on Port Road and Queen Street Street will be maintained.
- The bicycle lanes on Port Road will be maintained.