As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking a range of works at the South Road intersection with Torrens Road, and on the eastern side of South Road between Torrens Road and Forster Street. Multiple crews will be working across various sites within the area to complete the works.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic and residents, the works will take place at various times from Monday 20 February to Monday 27 February 2017 (finishing 6am Monday 27 February 2017), weather permitting.
Locations and timing
- Installation of piles:
- South Road intersection with Torrens Road – between 7pm and 7am from Monday 20 February to Saturday 25 February 2017 (finishing 6am Saturday 25 February 2017)
- Installation of stormwater infrastructure:
- South Road intersection with Torrens Road, between Tait Street and Scotia Street –
- Intermittent night works between 7pm and 6am from Monday 20 February to Friday 24 February 2017 (finishing 6am Friday 17 February 2017)
- Weekend works from 7pm Friday 24 February to 6am Monday 27 February 2017
- South Road, south bound lanes, between Torrens Road and Hawker Street – intermittent day and night works from Monday 20 February 2017 to Monday 27 February (finishing 6am Monday 27 February 2017)
- South Road between Paget Street and Forster Street – intermittent day and night works from Monday 20 February 2017 to Monday 27 February (finishing 6am Monday 27 February 2017)
A vacuum truck, bobcat, excavator, trucks, mobile cranes, compaction equipment and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
- Access to driveways will be maintained during these works, unless otherwise notified.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
Works will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents however some noise can be expected.
For further information about these works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: email@example.com