The design for the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project is technically challenging and is heavily dependent on services and construction integration – requiring a large multidisciplinary team for delivery. This complex and visionary project design includes the provision of a non-stop, lowered, high capacity motorway including:
- grade separation of the Outer Harbor railway line to minimise impact to travellers and adjacent residents
- grade separation of Grange Road/Manton Street, Port Road, Hawker/Hurtle Streets and Torrens Road, with the motorway passing under these intersections
- additional pedestrian and cyclist overpasses at the Outer Harbor railway line and Cedar Avenue
Did you know?
- a large component of the value of the project involves utility services upgrades and reconfiguration
- the design of innovative and cost-effective earth retention systems in the lowered motorway has been developed from leading research undertaken by Department of Planning Transport and Infrastructure
- urban design and landscape treatments have integrated the designs of the other North-South Corridor projects completed to date into a cohesive and memorable experience for the local community and traveller alike.
To view design including the scope extension for the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project please click here.