As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking major pavement and asphalt works on Torrens Road between the east side of the intersection with South Road to Wright Street.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken from 7pm, Friday, 11 May to 6am, Monday, 14 May 2018, weather permitting.
- Removal of existing road pavement
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
An excavator, profiler, compaction equipment, asphalt paver, rock breaker (intermittent only) trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 7pm Friday 11 May to 6am Monday 14 May 2018:
- Torrens Road will be temporarily closed (in both directions) east of the intersection with South Road between South Road and Wright Street.
- One southbound lane will be maintained on South Road through the intersection.
- Two northbound lanes will be maintained on South Road.
- The left turn from South Road southbound on to Torrens Road (eastbound) will be temporarily closed.
- The right turn from South Road northbound on to Torrens Road (eastbound) will be temporarily closed.
- All other movements at the intersection will be maintained.
- Tait Street, east of South Road, will be temporarily closed at South Road. Traffic wanting to enter or exit on to South Road will be redirected to Bishop Street.
- Traffic delays on South Road and Torrens Road can be expected.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions, alternative routes for Light and Heavy vehicles and local detours.
- Click here for local access routes
Access to properties
- Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
- Alternative customer access arrangements will be in place for businesses where required.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists.
- Businesses and residents will be notified in advance of any works that will have a direct impact, such as temporary driveway restrictions
Cyclists and Pedestrians
- Pedestrians will not be permitted to cross South Road at the north side of the intersection with Torrens Road during these works. Pedestrians will be directed to cross South Road at the south side traffic signalised intersection.
- Pedestrian access across the east side of Torrens Road at the South Road intersection will be maintained with traffic controller assistance.
- Cyclists should follow the detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian routes and crossings.
Bus users – Routes 253X and 255X
From 7pm Friday 11 May to 6am Monday 14 May:
- Bus routes 253X and 255X Outbound buses (toward the beach) will be detoured via Blight Street, Hawker Street and South Road on to Torrens Road. Inbound buses (toward the city) will be detoured via South Road Hawker Street and Wright Street on to Torrens Road.
- Bus stop 12 (outbound) on the south side of Torrens Road near Wright Street will be temporarily closed.
- Signage will be in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaidemetro.com.au
- Click here to view bus detour route
For more information in these works, please email: email@example.com or call: 1300 794 899.
For real time traffic delay information, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and download the app.
Please check the T2T Alliance website to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of adverse conditions.
T2T Alliance wishes all Mothers a happy day on Sunday 13 May