As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be installing a shared use path bridge across Chief Street, on the northern side of the Outer Harbor rail bridge. These works form part of the Outer Harbor Greenway extension.
The shared use path between Queen Street, Croydon and West Street, Brompton is scheduled to open in late July as part of the T2T Alliance works.
To minimise disruption to traffic, the bridge works will be undertaken between 4am Saturday 26 May and 7pm Sunday 27 May.
To safely undertake these works:
- Chief Street will be temporarily closed between Port Road and approximately 100 meters north of First Street
- First Street will be temporarily closed at the intersection with Chief Street.
- Transportation of galvanised bridge structure to site and craning the bridge structure into position.
Cranes, semi-trailers, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works.
Some noise can be expected, however the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
- No through access will be permitted on Chief Street between First Street and Port Road.
- Local access to properties on Chief Street between First Street and Port Road on either side of the rail line, will be provided under traffic controller assistance.
- No access will be permitted from First Street on to Chief Street.
- Detour routes will be in place to direct motorists to the temporary access arrangements.
- The Port Road U-turn facility at Chief Street will remain open.
- Speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- The footpath on Chief Street will be temporarily closed between Port Road and First Street.
- The pedestrian crossing across the rail line at West Street will remain temporarily closed.
- Pedestrians will be detoured via Port Road, Gibson Street, Sixth Street and Second Street, or via Port Road, Coglin Street and Second Street.
- Signage will be in place to alert pedestrians to the temporary access arrangements.
For further information about these works, including the latest traffic arrangements, please visit www.t2talliance.com.au. You can also contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the Outer Harbor Greenway Extension between West Street, Brompton and the City, phone: 1300 794 880, email: email@example.com or visit: www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/ohgreenway