As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be widening the western side of Taylors Bridge. The works will start in February 2017 and take approximately 9 months to complete.
To minimise disturbance to residents, the works will predominately be undertaken between the hours of 7am and 7pm, six days per week, Monday to Saturday. Adjacent residents and businesses will receive advance notification should works occur outside of these times.
· Vegetation removal.
· Establishment of a site compound next to Taylors Bridge, in the south west corner (next to Brickworks Market Place)
· Abutment extensions
· Installation of headstocks and beams
· Pouring of bridge deck and finishing works
Pedestrian and Cyclist Access
· The pedestrian and cyclist path on the southern side of the River Torrens between the McDonnell Avenue footbridge and South Road will be temporarily closed for the duration of the works.
· The pedestrian and cyclist path on the northern side of the River Torrens between the McDonnell Avenue footbridge and South Road will remain open until further notice. Some temporary closures of this path will also be required. More information, including alternative detour routes will be made widely available in the near future.
· Lane and speed restrictions will apply on South Road at various times, in the vicinity of the works, between Weber Street, Thebarton and Adam Street, Hindmarsh.
· Signage will alert pedestrians, cyclists and motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
For further information about these works, including the latest traffic arrangements, please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: email@example.com