As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking a range of activities at the South Road intersection with Pym Street, requiring a temporary closure of Pym Street.
To safely undertake these works, Pym Street will be temporarily closed on both sides of South Road from 7pm Friday 2 March to 6am Monday 26 March. Most activities will be undertaken as day works, seven days a week, however some intermittent night works may also be required.
South Road will be remain open to traffic with two lanes open in each direction.
- Removal of existing road pavement
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
- Installation of signalling cables
- Installation of light poles
- Installation of kerbing.
Temporary traffic arrangements
- Signage will be in place alert motorists to changed traffic conditions and local detour routes.
Access to local businesses
- Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists to local businesses.
Access to properties
- Access to some driveways may be temporarily impacted during these works. Residents will be notified in advance of any works that will have a direct impact, such as temporary driveway restrictions.
- Click here to view a map showing local access routes. The map has been colour coded to show preferred local access routes for the areas affected by the temporary Pym Street closure.
Pedestrians and cyclists
- Pedestrian access across Pym Street at the South Road intersection will be maintained.
- Pedestrian access across South Road at Pym Street will not be permitted. Pedestrians will be directed to use the pedestrian crossing at Essex Crescent / Packard Avenue or at the signalised intersection at Torrens Road.
- Pedestrian access on the western side of South Road between Pym Street and Royce Avenue remains temporarily closed. Pedestrians will be directed to use Austin Street.
- Cyclists should follow detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian access/crossings.
Bus users – Route numbers 230, 232 and 232R
- Bus routes 230 and 232: Inbound will be detoured via Days Road, Torrens Road, South Road, Hotchkiss Crescent, Charron Road on to Pym Street.
- Bus routes 230, 232 and 232R: Outbound will be detoured from Pym Street via Charron Road, Overland Road, South Road, Torrens Road on to Days Road.
- Bus stops 15 and 16 on the north side and south side of Pym Street between South Road and Days Road will be temporarily closed.
- Temporary bus stops will be placed on the west side and east side of Days Road close to the Pym Street intersection.
- Signage will be in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stops.
- Please click here to view the a map showing the bus detour routes.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaidemetro.com.au
For more information in these works please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 1300 794 899.
For real time traffic delay information, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and download the app.