The T2T Alliance is continuing to install Telstra conduits on Hawker Street at the South Road intersection in the southern footpath up to Wright Street. Pit installation works in Wright Street at the Hawker Street intersection will also take place.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will take place between 7am and 6pm on Saturday 16 July 2016, subject to weather conditions.
- Pavement cutting and directional drilling.
- Installation of conduits.
- Pit installation.
- Backfill and reinstatement of pits.
- Traffic and speed restrictions at the South Road and Hawker Street intersection will apply, however all traffic movements will continue to be provided as normal at the South Road and Hawker Street intersection.
- Wright Street will be open to local traffic only, with speed restrictions also in place at the Hawker Street intersection.
- The southern footpath on Hawker Street between South Road and Wright Street will be closed, with pedestrians detoured around the works area.
- Bus services and bus stops will not be affected.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- Access to property driveways will be maintained.
Minor traffic delays through the area can be expected while works are in progress.
For further information about these works, including the latest traffic arrangements, please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email: email@example.com.