As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be installing gantries across South Road, near Susan Street, Hindmarsh. The gantries will be used to mount Intelligent Transport System infrastructure (electronic signage) which will be operational later in the year, when the lowered motorway is open.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken each night between 7pm and 6am on Monday 5 February and Tuesday 6 February (finishing 6am Wednesday 7 February), weather permitting.
- Installation of gantry columns (Monday night).
- Lifting and installation of gantry beams (Tuesday night).
An elevated work platform, impact wrench, mobile cranes, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
Temporary traffic arrangements
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply on the northbound lanes of South Road in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
From 10pm Tuesday 6 February to 6am Wednesday 7 February 2018:
- South Road will be temporarily closed to northbound traffic between Ashwin Parade and Grange Road.
- Local access to West Hindmarsh will be made available via a temporary detour route. Right turns in to Adam Street from South Road will be allowed only during the South Road closure, under the guidance of a traffic controller.
- Left turns from Adam Street to South Road will not be provided.
- Please refer to the local access map below for more details.
- South Road southbound will remain open.
- For alternative routes for light vehicles please click here click here and for heavy vehicles please click here.
Pedestrians and cyclists
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the eastern side of South Road.
- No pedestrian access will be provided on the western side of South Road between Hindmarsh Avenue and Gawler Avenue.
- Cyclists should follow detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian access/crossings.
Bus users – Route number B10
- Outbound bus routes will be detoured from 10pm and the last service on Tuesday 6 February. Normal services will resume on Wednesday 7 February.
- Bus stops 9 & 10 (outbound) will be closed during this time. Signage will be in place to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaidemetro.com.au
- Inbound bus routes will remain unchanged.
- Download the free app metroMATE from https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/metromate/id1172725642 or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.metromate&hl=en to get real-time information about services and details on disruptions or delays.
For more information in these works please email: email@example.com or call: 1300 794 899.
For real time traffic delay information, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and download the app.
Please check the T2T Alliance website to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of adverse weather conditions.