As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be continuing the installation of a new water main and reinstatement of the footpath on the eastern side of South Road, between Hawker Street and McInnes Street. Crews will be working across various sites within the area to complete the works.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, and weather permitting, the works will take place at various times from Wednesday 4 January to Monday 16 January 2017 (finishing 6am Monday 16 January 2017).
Locations and timing:
- South Road between Torrens Road and Hawker Street – between 7pm and 6am from Wednesday 4 January to Saturday 7 January 2017 (finishing 6am Saturday 7 January 2017).
- Intersection of South Road and Hawker Street – from 7pm Monday 9 January to 5am Tuesday 10 January 2017.
- Intersection of South Road and Monmouth Street – between 7pm and 6am from Monday 9 January and Wednesday 11 January 2017 (finishing 6am Wednesday 11 January 2017).
- South Road, north of Hawker Street – between 7pm and 6am on Friday 13 January and Sunday 15 January 2017 (finishing 6am Monday 16 January 2017).
- A vacuum truck, road saw, mobile crane, excavator, compaction equipment, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works.
- Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
- Lane and speed restrictions on South Road will apply in the vicinity of the works.
- The South Road intersection with Monmouth Street will be temporarily closed during the specified times that works are being undertaken at this location and will re-opened by 6am each morning after works are completed.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- Pedestrian access on South Road will be maintained with the assistance of a traffic controller.
Works will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents however some noise can be expected.
For further information about these works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email: email@example.com