As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be constructing a Common Services Trench across Pym Street between South Road and Austin Street.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will take place between 7pm and 6am from:
- Monday 9 January to Friday 13 January 2017 (finishing 6am Friday 13 January 2017).
- Monday 16 January to Friday 20 January 2017 (finishing 6am Friday 20 January 2017).
- Saw cutting of the road pavement and service depthing.
- Excavation of trench and installation of conduits.
- Backfill, reinstatement of pavement and footpath, and asphalting.
A road saw, vacuum truck, excavator, trucks, compaction equipment and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
- Pym Street will be temporarily closed between South Road and Austin Street each night during the works.
- Adelaide Metro buses travelling on Pym Street, between South Road and Days Road, will be detoured. For more information about detours and temporary bus stops, please call Adelaide Metro InfoLine on 1300 311 108 or visit adelaidemetro.com.au
- Access to driveways will be maintained during these works.
- Local detour routes will be in place.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained with the assistance of a traffic controller.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
Works will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents however some noise can be expected.
For further information about these works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: email@example.com
Download the free app metroMATE for Apple from the Adelaide Metro website (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/metromate/id1172725642) to get real-time information about services and details on disruptions or delays. An Android version will be available in early 2017.