The T2T Alliance will be continuing construction of a Common Services Trench within the eastern footpath of South Road, between the Hawker Street intersection and Forster Street. Multiple crews will be working across various sites within the area to complete the works.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will take place each night between 7pm and 6am daily, from Sunday 7 August to Thursday 11 August 2016 (finishing 6am Friday 12 August 2016), subject to weather conditions.
- Removal of the footpath along the eastern side of South Road.
- Excavation of the Common Services Trench.
- Directional drilling across Hawker Street at the South Road end.
- Reinstatement of the footpath and property driveways with a temporary finish.
- Traffic and speed restrictions on South Road and at the South Road intersection with Hawker Street will apply.
- Traffic movements will continue to be provided as normal at the South Road intersection with Hawker Street.
- Traffic and speed restrictions on South Road will apply in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- Pedestrian access on South Road will be maintained with the assistance of a traffic controller.
For further information about these works, including the latest traffic arrangements, please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email: email@example.com.