As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be continuing to install new stormwater infrastructure in the northbound lanes of South Road, through the intersection with Hawker Street.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, and weather permitting, these works will be undertaken from 7pm Friday 4 May to 6am Monday 7 May.
· Excavation and installation of stormwater pits and pipes.
· Backfill and reinstatement of pavement.
A road saw, vacuum truck, excavator, backhoe, trucks, compaction equipment and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
· The footpath on the western side of South Road between Harriet Street and Hurtle Street will be temporarily closed during these works, pedestrians will be detoured via Thomas Street.
· The pedestrian crossing on the southern side of the intersection will be temporarily closed during these works.
· The pedestrian crossing on the northern side of the intersection will remain open.
· Lane and speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
· Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
Works will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents however some noise can be expected.
For further information about these works, including the latest traffic arrangements, please visit www.t2talliance.com.au
You can also contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org