As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking major pavement and asphalt works in the southbound lanes of South Road between Torrens Road and Hawker Street, Ridleyton.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken from 8pm Friday 10 November to 6am Monday 13 November 2017, weather permitting.
- Removal of existing road pavement.
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking.
A profiler, compaction equipment, paver, rock breaker, road saw, mobile crane, line-marking equipment, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 8pm Friday 10 November to 6am Monday 13 November 2017:
- South Road southbound will be temporarily closed between Torrens Road and Hawker Street.
- Left and right turns from Torrens Road on to South Road southbound will be temporarily closed.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply on Torrens Road in the vicinity of South Road intersection.
- Right and left turns from Hawker Street on to South Road will be maintained.
- Right turns from South Road northbound in to Hawker Street will be temporarily closed, the u-turn facility will be maintained.
- South Road northbound will remain open. Lane and speed restrictions will apply near Dartmouth Street.
- Local detour routes will be in place, click here.
- Traffic delays can be expected on South Road and Torrens Road.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions, alternative routes for light and heavy vehicles and local detours. Please visit: www.t2talliance.com.au/traffic to view details.
Access to local businesses
- Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
- Motorists can only enter On The Run (OTR) on the eastern side of South Road by turning right from South Road northbound in to Dartmouth Street. Motorists can only exit OTR by turning right from Dartmouth Street on to South Road northbound. The Dartmouth Street u-turn will be temporarily opened for two-way access to facilitate these turning movements. Traffic controllers will be onsite to assist motorists.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists to local businesses.
Access to properties
- Access to some driveways may be temporarily impacted during these works. Residents and business operators will be notified in advance of any works that will have a direct impact, such as temporary driveway restrictions.
- Traffic controllers will assist motorists and residents as required during the works.
Pedestrians and cyclists
- Pedestrian access will be maintained under the direction of traffic controllers.
- Cyclists should follow detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian access/crossings.
Bus users – Route numbers 251, 252, 253, 254 and N25
- Outbound bus routes will remain unchanged.
- Inbound buses will be detoured via Blight Street from Torrens Road.
- Bus Stop 14 (inbound) on Hawker Street, near Wright Street, will be temporarily closed.
- Bus Stop 15 on South Road (inbound) between Bedford Street and Dartmouth Street, will be temporarily closed.
- Signage will be in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at www.adelaidemetro.com.au
- Download the free app metroMATE from https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/metromate/id1172725642 or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.metromate&hl=en to get real-time information about services and details on disruptions or delays.
For more information
For more information in these works, the latest traffic arrangements and detour routes, please visit: www.t2talliance.com.au email: email@example.com or call: 1300 794 899.
Please check the T2T Alliance website to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of wet weather.