As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be continuing major pavement and asphalt works in the southbound lanes of South Road between Torrens Road and Hawker Street. Works will also be undertaken to remove and reinstate new kerbing at the South Road intersection with Hawker Street.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken, weather permitting, from:
- 7pm Friday 17 November to 6am Monday 20 November 2017
- 7pm Monday 20 November to 6am Tuesday 21 November 2017
- Removal of existing road pavement.
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking.
- Removal of existing kerb
- Installation of new kerb.
A profiler, excavator, compaction equipment, paver, road saw, mobile crane, line-marking equipment, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 7pm Friday 17 November to 6am Monday 20 November 2017:
- South Road southbound will be reduced to one lane between Torrens Road and Hawker Street.
- Right and left turns from South Road in to Hawker Street will be temporarily closed, the u-turn facility will be maintained.
- Right and left turns from Hawker Street on to South Road will be maintained.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
- Traffic controllers will assist motorists and residents as required during the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
Motorists travelling to the Christmas Pageant should plan to use alternative routes and leave home early.
Access to local businesses
- Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists to local businesses.
Pedestrians and cyclists
- Pedestrian access will be maintained under the direction of traffic controllers.
- Cyclists should follow detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian access/crossings.
Bus users – Route numbers 251, 252, 253, 254 and N254
- Outbound bus routes will remain unchanged.
- Inbound buses will be detoured via Blight Street from Torrens Road.
- Bus Stop 14 (inbound) on Hawker Street, near Wright Street, will be temporarily closed.
- Bus Stop 15 on South Road (inbound) between Bedford Street and Dartmouth Street, will be temporarily closed.
- Signage will be in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaidemetro.com.au
- Download the free app metroMATE from https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/metromate/id1172725642 or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.metromate&hl=en to get real-time information about services and details on disruptions or delays.
For more information
For more information in these works please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 1300 794 899.
Some noise can be expected, however the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents as much as possible.
Please check the T2T Alliance website to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of wet weather.