As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking major pavement and asphalt works in the southbound lanes of South Road between Monmouth Street and Forster Street, Ridleyton.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken from 7pm Friday 2 February to 6am Monday 5 February 2018, weather permitting.
- Removal of existing road pavement
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking.
Profilers, compaction equipment, paver, rock breaker, road saw, mobile crane, line-marking equipment, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 7pm Friday 2 February to 6am Monday 5 February 2018:
- South Road will be temporarily closed to southbound traffic between Hawker Street and Port Road.
- South Road northbound will remain open.
- Right turns from South Road in to Hawker Street will be maintained. No u-turns will be permitted.
- Right turns from Hawker Street on to South Road will be maintained.
- Left turns from Hawker Street on to South Road will be temporarily closed.
- A temporary u-turn facility will be available at Hawker Street for southbound traffic on South Road to travel northbound.
- Paget Street, Hythe Street, Monmouth Street and Forster Street will be intermittently closed at South Road during these works.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists to local detour routes, please click here to view local access detours.
- For alternative routes for light vehicles please click here and for heavy vehicles please click here.
- Traffic delays can be expected on South Road and Torrens Road.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions, alternative routes for light and heavy vehicles and local detours. Please visit: t2talliance.com.au/traffic to view details.
Access to local businesses
- Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists to local businesses.
- Access to Croydon Shopping Centre and BWS will be available via Hawker Street.
Access to properties
- Access to some driveways may be temporarily impacted during these works.
- Residents and business operators will be notified in advance of any works that will have a direct impact, such as temporary driveway restrictions.
- Traffic controllers will assist motorists and residents as required during the works.
Pedestrians and cyclists
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the eastern side of South Road under the direction of traffic controllers.
- The Cedar Avenue pedestrian bridge will be intermittently closed during these weekend works. Pedestrians should use the pedestrian crossing at Hawker Street.
- Cyclists should follow detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian access/crossings.
Bus users – Route numbers 251, 252, 253, 254 and N254
- Inbound and outbound bus routes will remain unchanged.
For more information
For more information in these works please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 1300 794 899.
For real time traffic delay information, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and download the app.
Please check the T2T Alliance website to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of adverse weather conditions.