As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be continuing to undertake a range of activities at the South Road intersection with Torrens Road, and in the southbound lanes of South Road between Tait Street and Torrens Road.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, and weather permitting, the works will be carried out during the following times:
- Each night between 7pm and 6am from Tuesday 3 October to Thursday 5 October 2017 (finishing 6am Friday 6 October).
- From 7pm Friday 6 October to 6am Monday 9 October 2017.
- Installation of signalling conduits
- Installation of stormwater and water main infrastructure
- Common Service Trench works
- Undergrounding of electrical infrastructure
- Excavation of the lowered motorway and bridge works
A vacuum truck, road saw, excavator, compaction equipment, mobile cranes, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- From 7pm Friday 6 October to 6am Monday 9 October 2017 the following traffic management will be in place
- no through traffic will be permitted in both directions on Torrens Road at the South Road intersection
- eastbound (towards the city) motorists on Torrens Road will be required to turn left onto South Road to use the u-turn facility at Tait Street to head back south, and then turn left onto Torrens Road
- westbound (towards the beach) motorists will be required to turn left onto South Road to use the u-turn facility at Dartmouth Street to head back north, and then turn left onto Torrens Road
- one lane maintained for northbound traffic on South Road between Dartmouth Street and Torrens Road
- one lane maintained for southbound traffic on South Road between Bishop Street and Torrens Road
- one lane maintained for westbound traffic on Torrens Road between Wright Street and South Road
- one lane maintained for eastbound traffic on Torrens Road between Days Road and South Road
Works will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents however some noise can be expected.
For further information about these works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: email@example.com