As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be continuing works at the South Road intersection with Torrens Road.
To minimise disruption to peak hour traffic, and weather permitting, intermittent works will be undertaken from 7pm Friday 18 August to 6am Monday 21 August 2017.
Key activities and equipment
- Delivery of bridge beams
- Installation of crane pads
Cranes, trucks, semi-trailers and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Some noise can be expected at times, but the works will be managed to minimise disturbance to residents as much as possible.
- No through traffic will be permitted in both directions on Torrens Road at South Road.
- Eastbound (towards the city) motorists on Torrens Road will be required to:
- turn left onto South Road to use the u-turn facility at Tait Street to head back south, and then turn left onto Torrens Road.
- Westbound (towards the beach) motorists will be required to:
- turn left onto South Road to use the u-turn facility at Dartmouth Street to head back north, and then turn left onto Torrens Road.
- One lane will be maintained for northbound traffic on South Road between Bedford Street and Tait Street.
- One lane will be maintained for southbound traffic on South Road between Tait Street and Dartmouth Street.
- During these works, there will be no pedestrian access across the northern and southern sides of the South Road intersection with Torrens Road.
- Temporary pedestrian access will be available at Dartmouth Street to cross South Road with the assistance of traffic controllers.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the eastern and western side of the South Road intersection with Torrens Road, to cross Torrens Road with the assistance of traffic controllers.
- Access to properties will be maintained during these works
- Signage will alert motorists to changed traffic conditions and alternative routes.
- Speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
For further information about the works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org