As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance is undertaking pavement and asphalt reinstatement works at the South Road intersection with Port Road. To minimise disruption to peak hour traffic, these works will be undertaken from 8pm Friday 29 September to 6am Tuesday 3 October 2017, weather permitting.
Depending on the works progress, some finishing night works immediately after the long weekend may be required.
- Removal of existing road pavement
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
A profiler, compaction equipment, paver, rock breaker, road saw, mobile crane, line-marking equipment, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 8pm Friday 29 September to 6am Tuesday 3 October 2017:
- South Road will be temporarily closed to southbound traffic between Forster Street and Port Road.
- South Road will be open to local southbound traffic between Torrens Road and Forster Street.
- Port Road will be temporarily closed in both directions between South Road and Rose Street.
- Port Road will be open to local traffic between Park Terrace and Rose Street.
- Local detour routes will be in place, click here to view.
- Alternative heavy and light vehicle routes will be available. Please click here to view the heavy vehicles alternative route map. Please click here to view the light vehicle alternative route map.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
- Traffic delays can be expected on South Road and Port Road.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions, alternative routes for light and heavy vehicles and local detours. Please visit: t2talliance.com.au/traffic to view details.
Access to properties
- Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
- Access to business and residential properties will be maintained.
- Traffic controllers will assist motorists and residents as required during the works.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists.
Cyclists and Pedestrians
- Pedestrian access will be maintained across South Road at Port Road with the assistance of traffic controllers.
- Cyclists should follow the local detour routes in place for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian routes and crossings.
- Bus stops 5, 6, 7, 8 (inbound) and 6, 7 and 9 (outbound) on Port Road will be temporarily closed.
- Signage will be in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Bus nos. 150, 155 and 157 will be detoured via Adam Street, Manton Street and South Road in the westbound direction and via Port Road, Welland Avenue, Grange Road, Manton Street and Adam Street in the eastbound direction. Please click here to view the bus detour routes.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaide.metro.com.au
For more information
email: email@example.com or call: 1300 794 899
For real time alerts on delays, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and download the app.
Please check the T2T Alliance website to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of wet weather.