As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking service relocation works at the South Road intersection with Hawker Street.
The works will take place from 7pm Friday 10 November to 6am Monday 13 November 2017.
- Installation of water main.
- Installation of stormwater infrastructure.
- Installation of a Common Services Trench (CST)
- Reinstatement of road pavement
An excavator, road saw, vacuum truck, backhoe, water cart, bob cat, trucks, profiler, compaction equipment, mobile cranes and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
From 8pm Friday 10 November to 6am Monday 13 November 2017:
- South Road southbound will be temporarily closed between Torrens Road and Hawker Street.
- Right and left turns from Hawker Street on to South Road will be maintained.
- Right turns from South Road northbound in to Hawker Street will be temporarily closed, the u-turn facility will be maintained.
- South Road northbound will remain open. Lane and speed restrictions will apply near Dartmouth Street.
- Local detour routes will be in place.
- Traffic controllers will assist motorists and residents as required during the works.
- Traffic delays can be expected on South Road and Torrens Road.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
Access to local businesses
- Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists to local businesses.
Pedestrians and cyclists
- Pedestrian access will be maintained under the direction of traffic controllers.
- Cyclists should follow detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian access/crossings.
Bus users – Route numbers 251, 252, 253, 254 and N254
- Outbound bus routes will remain unchanged.
- Inbound buses will be detoured via Blight Street from Torrens Road.
- Bus Stop 14 (inbound) on Hawker Street, near Wright Street, will be temporarily closed.
- Bus Stop 15 on South Road (inbound) between Bedford Street and Dartmouth Street, will be temporarily closed.
- Signage will be in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaidemetro.com.au
- Download the free app metroMATE from https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/metromate/id1172725642 or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.metromate&hl=en to get real-time information about services and details on disruptions or delays.
Some noise can be expected, however the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents as much as possible.
For further information about these works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: email@example.com