As part of the Torrens Road to River (T2T) Project, the T2T Alliance will be removing the temporary, signalised roundabout at the South Road intersection with Grange Road/Manton Street and switching traffic on to the new, signalised intersection which will become the Grange Road bridge.
To minimise disruption to peak hour traffic, these works will be undertaken from:
- 7pm Friday 18 November to 6am Monday 21 November 2016
Temporary traffic arrangements
The following traffic arrangements will be in place during these works:
- Manton Street will be temporarily closed between South Road and Bacon Street, Hindmarsh.
- There will be no access to Manton Street from South Road.
- Access to Manton Street will be via Adam Street.
- South Road reduced to one lane in each direction (north and south bound) between Port Road and Gawler Avenue.
- Grange Road will be reduced to one lane in both directions between Bertie Street and South Road.
- Left and right turn movements from South Road onto Grange Road will be maintained.
Local detour routes
During the works, local detour routes will be in place. Please click here to view the local detour routes.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions and alternative routes.
- Traffic management will be in place at the South Road intersection with Grange Road/Manton. Street.
- Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians are advised to follow the direction of traffic controllers.
- Emergency services have been advised of the changed traffic conditions and detour routes
- Alternative routes will be in place for light and heavy vehicles. Click here to view the alternative routes for light vehicles and click here to view the alternative routes for heavy vehicles.
During the traffic switch, the following bus routes will be affected:
- Bus routes running east and west bound on Grange Road and Manton Street (115, 117, and 118)
- Bus routes running east bound on Grange Road that continue on South Road (B10, B10C and B12)
- Bus users who would normally board at Bus Stop 7 on Manton Street should board at Bus Stop 7 on Port Road.
- Bus users who would normally board at Bus Stop 6 on Manton Street should board at Bus Stop 6 on Port Road.
- Signage will direct passengers to the appropriate bus stop location.
- For more information on bus timetables and services, please visit: adelaidemetro.com.au
Please click here to view the notice and map.
Cyclists and pedestrians
- Cyclists should adhere to the same traffic routes as other road users and/or dismount and use the available pedestrian facilities.
- Traffic controllers will be available to assist cyclists and pedestrians if required
For more information
For further information about these works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: email@example.com
For real time delay information, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and download the app.
Thank you for your ongoing patience while these important works are being undertaken.