As previously advised, the T2T Alliance is undertaking kerbing, pavement and asphalt reinstatement works on the northern side of Port Road between South Road and Queen Street.
To minimise disruption to peak hour traffic, the works will now undertaken from 7pm Friday 18 August to 6am Monday 21 August 2017, weather permitting.
Intermittent night works to test asphalt will be also undertaken from 7pm Monday 21 August to 6am Tuesday 22 August 2017.
- Removal of existing road pavement
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
- Installation of new kerbing adjacent to the sub-station
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
A profiler, compaction equipment, paver, road saw, bobcats, mobile crane, line-marking equipment, coring equipment, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 7pm Friday 18 August to 6am Monday 21 August 2017:
- One lane will be maintained on Port Road in both directions at all times between South Road and King Street.
- Inbound traffic will be diverted to the outbound lanes between South Road and King Street.
- Queen Street will be temporarily closed at Port Road. Access to the Queen Street / Elizabeth Street trading precinct will be maintained at all times from Port Road, via King Street and Princes Street.
- The u-turn on Port Road at Queen Street will also be temporarily closed. Motorists will need to use the median crossing at King Street to travel towards the city. Please note that this median crossing is not suitable for oversized vehicles
- Alternative heavy vehicle routes will be in place, click here to view alternative routes.
- Alternative light vehicle routes will be in place, click here to view alternative routes.
- Traffic delays on Port Road can be expected.
Access to properties
- It is BUSINESS AS USUAL for businesses on Port Road, Queen Street and adjacent side streets.
- Alternative customer access arrangements will be in place for businesses on Port Road and Queen Street/Elizabeth Street. Signage will be in place to direct motorists.
- Access to some driveways may be temporarily impacted during these works. Residents and business operators will be notified in advance of any works that will have a direct impact, such as temporary driveway restrictions.
Cyclists and Pedestrians
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on both sides of Port Road between South Road and King Street.
- Provision will be made for inbound cyclist access on Port Road.
- Please click here to view the cyclist and pedestrian routes.
- There will be no change to bus routes along Port Road during these works.
- Bus stop 10 on Port Road inbound will be temporarily closed. Bus users can board at Bus Stop 12 opposite Welland Avenue.
- Bus Stop 9 on Port Road inbound will be temporarily relocated 350 metres to the east, adjacent to Rose Street.
- Signage will be in place to direct bus users to the nearest bus stop.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaide.metro.com.au
- Please click here for alternative bus routes.
For more information
Please email: email@example.com or call: 1300 794 899
Please check the notice closer to the weekend to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of wet weather.