As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance is undertaking pavement and asphalt reinstatement works on Port Road between Albemarle Street and Linden Street.
Due to a mechanical issue, these works could not be completed in the previously advised time. The works will now be carried out from 7pm Friday 16 June to 6am Monday 18 June 2017, weather permitting.
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 7pm Friday 16 June to 6am Monday 18 June 2017:
- One lane will be maintained on Port Road in both directions at all times.
- Westbound traffic will be diverted to the city bound lanes between South Road and King Street.
- The u-turn on Port Road at Queen Street will be temporarily closed. Motorists will need to use the median crossing at King Street to travel towards the city.
- Cator Street, Bertie Street, Albemarle Street and Linden Street will be temporarily closed at Port Road.
- Right turns will not be permitted from Port Road into Queen Street. Left turns in and out of Queen Street will be maintained. Access to the Queen Street / Elizabeth Street trading precinct will be maintained at all times from Port Road, via King Street and Princes Street.
- Traffic delays on Port Road can be expected.
- To view local detour routes during these works, click here.
- To view local pedestrian and cyclist routes during these works, click here.
Access to properties
It is BUSINESS AS USUAL for businesses on Port Road, Queen Street and adjacent side streets. Alternative customer access arrangements will be in place for businesses on Port Road. Signage will be in place to direct motorists.
- There will be no change to bus routes along Port Road during these works.
- Bus stop 10 Port Road outbound will be temporarily closed. Bus users can board at Bus Stop 11 near Bourn Avenue.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaide.metro.com.au
For more information
Email: email@example.com or call: 1300 794 899