As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking pavement and asphalt reinstatement works at the following locations:
- left turn slip lane from South Road on to Port Road between Grange Road and Port Road
- existing right turn lanes from Port Road westbound on to South Road at the South Road intersection with Port Road
- inside lanes on Port Road westbound between Coglin Street and South Road
To minimise disruption to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken from 7pm Friday 25 August to 6am Monday 28 August 2017, weather permitting.
- Removal of existing road pavement (in some locations)
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
A profiler, compaction equipment, paver, rock breaker, road saw, mobile crane, line-marking equipment, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 7pm Friday 25 August to 6am Monday 28 August 2017:
- Two lanes will be maintained on Port Road westbound between Ann Street and Cator Street.
- Motorists will be able to turn right from Port Road westbound on to South Road via a temporary right turning lane.
- The Coglin Street u-turn will be maintained (single lane only).
- Two lanes will be maintained on South Road northbound between Grange Road and Port Road.
- The left turn slip lane from South Road on to Port Road will be temporarily closed between Grange Road and Port Road.
- Motorists will be able to temporarily turn left on to Port Road from the left through lane on South Road.
- Access to local businesses, parking lane and the median car parks on Port Road between Ann Street and South Road will be maintained.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained with assistance from traffic controllers.
- Cyclists should follow motorist routes or dismount and use the available pedestrian facilities.
- Speed and lane restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to changes in traffic arrangements.
For more information
For further information about these works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: email@example.com
Please check this website to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of wet weather.