As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking pavement works on the northbound lanes of South Road, from just south of Grange Road to Port Road.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken from 7pm, Friday, 25 May to 6am, Monday, 28 May, weather permitting.
- Removal of existing road pavement
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
An excavator, profiler, compaction equipment, asphalt paver, rock breaker (intermittent only), trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
- The northbound lanes on South Road through the South Road Port Road intersection will be temporarily closed.
- The u-turn facility is available on Port Road at Queen Street for traffic on South Road to travel northbound on South Road and to travel eastbound on Port Road.
- The left turn from South Road northbound on to Port Road (westbound) will be maintained.
- The southbound lanes on South Road through the South Road Port Road intersection will be maintained.
- Traffic delays on South Road can be expected.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
Cyclists and Pedestrians
- Pedestrians will not be permitted to cross South Road at the south side of the intersection with Port Road during these works. Pedestrians will be directed to cross South Road at the north side traffic signals.
- Cyclists should follow the detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian routes and crossings.
For further information about these works, including the latest traffic arrangements, please visit www.t2talliance.com.au
You can also contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: email@example.com