As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking sections of pavement works on Port Road between South Road and Coglin Street and in the Port Road median crossing at Coglin Street.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken from 7pm Friday 6 July to 6am Monday 9 July, weather permitting.
- Removal of sections of existing road pavement, including topstone rectifications
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
An excavator, profiler, compaction equipment, asphalt paver, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
- The u-turn facility at Coglin Street will be temporarily closed to eastbound traffic on Port Road, with motorists detoured via Anne Street.
- The right turn from Port Road westbound in to Coglin Street will be maintained.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply on Port Road in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- The car park in the Port Road median between Coglin Street and Anne Street will remain open.
- The car park in the Port Road median between Coglin Street and South Road will be temporarily closed from 7pm Friday 6 July to 6am Monday 9 July.
Cyclists and Pedestrians
- The signalised pedestrian crossing on Port Road opposite Coglin Street will be maintained.
- The bicycle lanes on Port Road will be maintained.