As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking sections of pavement works in the:
- intersection of Port Road and South Road
- westbound lane of Port Road between Cator Street and Bertie Street
- eastbound lane of Port Road near the Queen Street intersection
- northbound lane of South Road between the Port Road intersection and Princes Street
- northbound lane of South Road between Robert Street and Henry Street.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic:
- works at the Port Road South Road intersection will be undertaken from 8pm Thursday 28 June to 6am Friday 29 June, weather permitting
- works at the Port Road South Road intersection and all other works will be undertaken from 8pm Friday 29 June to 6am Monday 2 July 2018, weather permitting.
- Removal of sections of existing road pavement
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
An excavator, profiler, compaction equipment, asphalt paver, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
- One lane will be maintained in each direction (eastbound and westbound) on Port Road through the Port Road South Road intersection.
- One lane will be maintained in each direction (northbound and southbound) on South Road through the South Road Port Road intersection.
- The right turn from Port Road northbound on to Queen Street will be maintained.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply on Port Road and on South Road in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
Cyclists and Pedestrians
- The signalised pedestrian crossing on Port Road South Road intersection will be maintained under traffic control assistance.
- The bicycle lanes on Port Road near the works will be temporarily closed.
For further information about these works, including the latest traffic arrangements, please visit www.t2talliance.com.au