part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be
undertaking asphalt reinstatement works on Manton Street, between South Road
and Bacon Street.
minimise disruption to peak hour traffic, these works will be undertaken from 3.30pm,
Saturday, 16 March, to 6am, Monday, 18 March, weather permitting.
on the works progress, some finishing night works may be required.
- Removal of some existing
- Laying new
asphalt and line marking
A profiler, compaction
equipment, paver, rock breaker, road saw, mobile crane, line-marking equipment,
trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers
will also be in operation during night works.
noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will
be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as
- Manton Street will be temporarily closed between South Road and Bacon Street.
- Turns from South Road on to Manton Street will not be permitted.
- Right and left turns from Grange Road on to South Road will be maintained.
- One lane will be maintained on South Road southbound between Port Road and Susan Street.
- The u-turn facility at the South Road intersection with Grange Road/Manton Street will be maintained.
- Alternative heavy and light vehicle routes will be available.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions, alternative routes for light and heavy vehicles and local detours.
- It is BUSINESS AS USUAL for businesses on Manton Street, South Road, Bacon
Street and adjacent side streets.
customer access arrangements will be in place for businesses where required.
Signage will be in place to direct motorists.
- Access to
Hindmarsh will be available to northbound traffic on South Road via the u-turn
at the South Road intersection with Grange Road/Manton Street, Susan Street
and/or Adam Street.
- Existing access to
Susan Street, Adam Street, Bacon Street and Holden Street will maintained at
all times during these works.
- Pedestrian access
will be maintained on both sides of Manton Street and on the southern side of
the South Road intersection with Grange Road/Manton Street (to cross South
Road), with the assistance of traffic controllers.
- Cyclists should
follow the local detour routes in place for motorists or dismount and use the
available pedestrian routes and crossings.
users – Routes 115, 117, 118, A018
- Buses will be detoured
via Port Road and South Road.
- Bus stops 6 and 7
(inbound and outbound) on Manton Street between South Road and Adam Street will
be temporarily closed.
- Signage will be
in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus
- Please visit the
Adelaide Metro website for more information, at www.adelaide.metro.com.au
www.t2talliance.com.au email: email@example.com or
call: 1300 794 899
real time alerts on delays, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and
download the app.
check the T2T Alliance website to confirm that these works are proceeding in
case of extreme weather.