As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, water main and traffic signalling conduit installation works will be undertaken at times to minimise disruption to peak hour traffic. These works will take place from:
- 7pm Thursday 10 March, 2016 to 6am Friday 11 March, 2016
- 10pm Friday 11 March, 2016 to 6am Tuesday, 15 March, 2016
- 7pm Friday 18 March, 2016 to 6am Monday 21 March, 2016
These are critical works which require completion for the traffic switch onto the new, northbound surface road on the western side of South Road, between Hindmarsh Avenue and Grange Road, West Hindmarsh in April 2016.
Type of Activities and Equipment
A range of activities will take place around the South Road and Grange Road / Manton Street intersection during this period. Key activities include pavement cutting, removal of kerbing, trench excavation, water main installation, backfill and reinstatement of the trench and temporary asphalting. Installation of traffic signalling conduits will also take place.
Various machinery will be used to perform these works including road saws, excavator, rock breaker (kerb removals), tipper truck, compacting equipment and light vehicles. Lighting towers will also be in operation.
Some noise at times from these works can be expected, however, works will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents as much as possible.
- Major traffic restrictions on Grange Road and Manton Street between Bertie Street, West Hindmarsh and Holden Street, Hindmarsh will be in place.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane at the South Road and Grange Road / Manton Street intersection in both directions.
- Cator Street, West Hindmarsh will be CLOSED at the Grange Road end.
- Local detours and signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- Motorists and pedestrians are advised to follow the direction of traffic controllers.
- Emergency Services will be notified of local road closures and detour routes.
- No parking on Grange Road and Manton Street within the vicinity of works area will be permitted
Pedestrian and Cyclist Access
- Pedestrian access across South Road at Grange Road and Manton Street will be provided under traffic management.
- Cyclists will be required to share a through lane with motor vehicles at the South Road and Grange Road / Manton Street intersection.
- Bus stops 12 (both sides of Grange Road) will be temporarily CLOSED during the works period.
- Bus stop 11 on the eastern side of South Road, near Manton Street will also be temporarily CLOSED.
- Signage will direct public transport users to the next available bus stop.
For more information click here