As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance is undertaking major works in the Outer Harbor and Grange rail corridor, between Queen Street and Coglin Street,
from 1am Monday 2 January 2017 to 6am Monday 23 January 2017.
Works will be continuous, 24 hours per day to construct the Outer Harbor rail overpass over South Road.
To facilitate these works, the Outer Harbor and Grange rail lines will be closed from the last train service on Sunday 1 January 2017 and will re-open for the first train service on Tuesday 24 January 2017. Substitute buses will replace trains between Adelaide and Outer Harbor.
For more information, please call Adelaide Metro InfoLine on 1300 311 108 or visit: www.adelaidemetro.com.au
- Removal of existing rail track and sleepers.
- Installation of retaining walls and backfill of embankments.
- Construction of south bound surface road under the rail overpass.
- Lifting of three overpass segments into place and cast overpass deck and walls.
- Installation of ballast and tracks.
- Conduct signalling works and running test trains.
During these works a variety of equipment will be used and will include excavators, trucks, crane and asphalting equipment. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
There will be increased truck and plant movements along South Road and on some local roads, adjacent to the rail corridor. Temporary road closures and traffic restrictions will be required as follows:
- Coglin Street, Hindmarsh will be temporarily closed between Ridley Street and First Street from 11pm Sunday 1 January to 1am Tuesday 17 January 2017 and from 7pm Tuesday 17 January 2017 until 6am Monday 23 January 2017
- Queen Street, Croydon will be temporarily closed between Euston Terrace and Day Terrace from 11pm Sunday 1 January to 10am Wednesday 4 January 2017.
- Queen Street, Croydon between Euston Terrace and Day Terrace will be intermittently closed from 11pm Thursday 12 January to 1am Tuesday 17 January 2017.
- South Road will be temporarily closed between Port Road and Monmouth Street from 7pm Friday 6 January to 6am Monday 9 January 2017. Motorists can expect traffic delays.
- Alternative detour routes for light and heavy vehicles and pedestrians will be in place. See below for alternative detour routes.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on Queen and Coglin Streets.
- Access to business and residential properties will be maintained.
- Traffic controllers will assist motorists and residents as required during the works.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
Alternative access routes during closures:
South Road closure
Coglin Street and Queen Street closures
- Click here to view local access alternative routes.
Click here to view pedestrian access routes
Works will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses however some noise can be expected.
For further information about these works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org