As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking a range of works at the South Road intersection with Torrens Road, and on the eastern side of South Road between Torrens Road and Hythe Street. Multiple crews will be working across various sites within the area to complete the works.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic and residents, the works will take place at various times from Monday 27 February to Monday 6 March 2017 (finishing 6am Monday 6 March 2017), weather permitting.
Locations and timing
- Installation of new water mains:
- South Road intersection with Torrens Road – from 7pm Monday 27 February to 6am Tuesday 28 February 2017
- South Road intersection with Hawker Street – from 7pm to 6am on Monday 27 February and Tuesday 28 February 2017 (finishing 6am Wednesday 1 March 2017)
- Installation of stormwater infrastructure:
- South Road intersection with Torrens Road, between Tait Street and Scotia Street –
- Intermittent night works between 7pm and 6am from Monday 27 February to Friday 3 March 2017 (finishing 6am Friday 3 March 2017)
- Weekend works from 7pm Friday 3 March to 6am Monday 6 March 2017
- South Road, south bound lanes, between Torrens Road and Hawker Street – intermittent day and night works from Monday 27 February 2017 to Monday 6 March (finishing 6am Monday 6 March 2017)
- South Road between Hawker Street and Hythe Street – intermittent day and night works from Monday 27 February 2017 to Monday 6 March (finishing 6am Monday 6 March 2017)
A vacuum truck, bobcat, excavator, trucks, mobile cranes, compaction equipment and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
- Access to driveways will be maintained during these works, unless otherwise notified.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Lane and speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
Works will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents however some noise can be expected. For further information about these works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: email@example.com