As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance is undertaking pavement and asphalt reinstatement works in the Port Road median between Anne Street and Coglin Street, Hindmarsh from 7pm Friday 15 September to 6am Monday 25 September 2017, weather permitting.
- Removal of existing road pavement
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
A profiler, compaction equipment, paver, rock breaker, road saw, line-marking equipment, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 7pm Friday 15 September to 6am Monday 25 September 2017:
- The centre median on Port Road between Anne Street and Coglin Street will be closed.
- Right turns from Port Road westbound (towards the beach) on to Anne Street and Coglin Street will not be permitted.
- U-turns at Coglin Street for westbound traffic on Port Road will not be permitted. Motorists will need to use the u-turn facility at Queen Street to head east.
- U-turns at Coglin Street for eastbound traffic on Port Road will be maintained.
- Left turns in to Coglin Street and Anne Street from Port Road will be maintained.
- Left turns from Coglin Street and Anne Street on to Port Road will be maintained.
- Two lanes will be maintained on Port Road in both directions between Rose Street and West Street.
- Signage will alert road users to the changed traffic conditions.
- The Port Road median car park between George Street and Coglin Street will be temporarily closed.
- The new Port Road median car park between Coglin Street and South Road will be open.
- On-street car parking on both side of Port Road will be maintained.
Access to properties
During these works, it is BUSINESS AS USUAL for businesses on Port Road and adjacent side streets.
Cyclists, pedestrians and bus users
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on both sides of Port Road and at the signalised crossing of South Road.
- Pedestrian access to the median car park will be provided on the southern side of Port Road.
- Cyclists should follow the local detour routes in place for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian routes and crossings.
- There will be no changes to bus routes or bus stops during these works.
For more information
Email: email@example.com or call: 1300 794 899.
For real time alerts on delays, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and download the app.
Please check the T2T Alliance website to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of wet weather.