As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, a range of activities is being undertaken for Stage 3 traffic switch to allow construction of a new bridge at the South Road intersection with Port Road. Works will take place from 7pm Friday 6 May 2016 until 6am Monday 9 May 2016, when the Stage 3 traffic switch will be completed.
For details of motorist, pedestrian, cyclist and bus movements during the traffic switch please click here.
To view a map of the temporary traffic arrangements for the traffic switch from 7pm Friday 6 May 2016 until 6am Monday 9 May 2016 please click here.
For information about the alternative detour routes for heavy vehicles click here and other motorists click here.
Type of Works
Where: Port Road, between Bertie Street, Croydon and Rose Street, Hindmarsh and South Road, between Euston Terrace, Croydon and Orsmond Street, Hindmarsh
What: Removal of existing traffic signals, removal of traffic islands and old line marking, installation of new traffic poles and signals, kerbing, installation of tactiles, asphalting and new line marking.
- Temporary traffic arrangements and clearly marked detour routes will be in place to direct road users around the works.
- Traffic restrictions and lane closures will be in place on Port Road between King Street, Croydon and Anne Street, Hindmarsh and on South Road, between the Outer Harbor railway line and Orsmond Street, Hindmarsh
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- Motorists, pedestrians and cyclists are advised to follow the direction of traffic controllers.
- Emergency Services will be notified of the temporary traffic arrangements and alternative detour routes.
Parking and Property Access
- No changes to current parking arrangements will occur
- Property access will be maintained at all times
For more information:
- Please click here for further details of motorist, pedestrian, cyclist and bus movements during the traffic switch
- Please click here to view a map of the temporary traffic arrangements for the traffic switch from 7pm Friday 6 May 2016 until 6am Monday 9 May 2016.
- Please call the project enquiry line; 1300 794 899 or email: email@example.com