As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking major pavement and asphalt works on Torrens Road between the west side of the intersection with South Road to the Days Road / Lamont Street intersection.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken from 7pm Friday 18 May to 6am Monday 21 May 2018, weather permitting.
- Removal of existing road pavement
- Laying new pavement, asphalting and line marking
An excavator, profiler, compaction equipment, asphalt paver, rock breaker (intermittent only) trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Some noise and vibration can be expected during these works, however, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 7pm Friday 18 May to 6am Monday 21 May 2018:
- Torrens Road will be temporarily closed (in both directions) west of the intersection with South Road between South Road and the Days Road / Lamont Street intersection.
- One northbound lane will be maintained on South Road through the intersection.
- Two southbound lanes will be maintained on South Road.
- The right turn from South Road southbound on to Torrens Road (westbound) will be temporarily closed.
- The left turn from South Road northbound on to Torrens Road (westbound) will be temporarily closed.
- All other movements at the intersection will be maintained.
- A temporary u-turn facility will be available at Hawker Street for southbound traffic on South Road to travel
- Ellen Street will be temporarily closed at Torrens Road. Traffic wanting to enter or exit on to Torrens Road will be redirected to Croydon Avenue.
- Traffic delays on South Road and Torrens Road can be expected.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions, alternative routes for light and heavy vehicles and local detours. Click here to view Heavy and Light detour routes.
- Click here for local access routes
Access to properties
- Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local business.
- Alternative customer access arrangements will be in place for businesses where required.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists.
- Businesses and residents will be notified in advance of any works that will have a direct impact, such as temporary driveway restrictions.
Cyclists and Pedestrians
- Pedestrians will not be permitted to cross South Road at the north side of the intersection with Torrens Road during these works. Pedestrians will be directed to cross South Road at the south side traffic signalised intersection.
- Pedestrian access across the west side of Torrens Road at the South Road intersection will be maintained with traffic controller assistance.
- The footpath on the northern side of Torrens Road between South Road and Days Road / Lamont Street will be temporarily closed.
- Pedestrian access across Torrens Road will be maintained at the Days Road / Lamont Street intersection via the existing traffic signals.
- Cyclists should follow the detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian routes and crossings.
Bus users – Routes 251, 252, 253, 254, 253X, 255X and N254
From 7pm Friday 18 May to 6am Monday 21 May:
- Bus routes 251, 252, 253, 254, 253X, 255X and N254: Outbound buses (toward the beach) will be detoured via Tait Street and Lamont Street on to Torrens Road. Inbound buses (toward the city) will be detoured via Days Road and Pym Street on to South Road.
- Bus stop 16 on the south side of Torrens Road between South Road and Croydon Avenue will be temporarily closed.
- Bus stop 16 on the north side of Torrens Road between South Road and Days Road will be temporarily closed.
- Signage will be in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaidemetro.com.au
- Click here for bus detour route
For more information in these works, the latest traffic arrangements and detour routes, please visit: www.t2talliance.com.au email: email@example.com or call: 1300 794 899.
For real time traffic delay information, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and download the app.
Please check the T2T Alliance website to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of adverse conditions.