The Linear Park Trail will be temporarily closed between McDonnell Avenue and South Road from 7pm Monday, 11 June for approximately three months. The temporary structure which has been in place under South Road and forms part of the Linear Park Trail must be removed, as the potential for high rainfall events during the winter months pose a safety risk.
A map showing the alternative pedestrian and cyclist route is shown over the page and is also available on the cycling journey planner, cycleinstead.com.au
From 7pm, Monday, 11 June, for approximately 3 months:
- The Linear Park Trail will be temporarily closed between McDonnell Avenue and South Road.
- Works to construct the new, permanent shared use path under South Road, forming part of the Linear Park trail, will continue.
- Signage will be erected to direct pedestrians and cyclists to alternative routes that will re-connect with the Linear Park Trail.
- The footpath on the western side of South Road, across Taylor Bridge, will also be temporarily closed during these works.
- Pedestrians and cyclists travelling from West Hindmarsh should use the McDonnell Avenue pedestrian and cycling bridge to access the Brickworks Marketplace and Ashwin Parade, Torrensville.
- The footpath on the eastern side of South Road, across Taylor Bridge, will remain open.
You can also contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your patience during this time.