As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking a range of activities at the South Road intersection with Hawker Street, Ridleyton.
To minimise the impact to peak hour traffic, and weather permitting, these works will take place from 7pm Friday 3 August to 6am Monday 6 August.
To facilitate these works, Hawker Street will be temporarily closed at South Road from 7pm Friday 3 August to 6am Monday 6 August.
- Installation of traffic islands.
- Installation of new kerbing and footpaths.
- Excavation and replacement of service lids.
Excavators, vacuum trucks, road saw, compaction equipment, mobile crane, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Works will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents however some noise can be expected.
- Hawker Street will be temporarily closed at South Road.
- Traffic on South Road will be temporarily reduced to one lane in both directions (northbound and southbound) in the vicinity of these works.
- Temporary local detour routes will be in place and signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
Access to properties
- It is business as usual for businesses on South Road and at the Croydon Shopping Centre.
- See below to view a map showing local access routes.
Pedestrians and cyclists
- During these works, the pedestrian crossing at the South Road intersection with Hawker Street will be temporarily closed.
- Pedestrians should use the pedestrian bridge at Cedar Avenue or the signalised crossing at the South Road intersection with Torrens Road.
- Cyclist access will be available via local detour routes
Bus users – Route numbers 251, 252, 253, 254 and N254
- Outbound buses will be detoured via Wright Street on to Torrens Road.
- Inbound buses will be detoured via Torrens Road on to Blight Street.
- Bus Stops 14 inbound and outbound on Hawker Street, near Wright Street, will be temporarily closed.
- Bus Stops 15 on South Road inbound and outbound will be temporarily closed.
- Signage will be in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaidemetro.com.au