As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, a range of activities for the traffic switch onto the new, northbound road alignment between Hindmarsh Avenue, West Hindmarsh and Grange Road, West Hindmarsh will take place from 7pm Friday 8 April to 6am Monday 11 April 2016.
Type of Works
Where: Grange Road / Manton Street and South Road intersection
What: Removal of existing traffic signals, removal of traffic islands and old line marking, installation of new traffic signals, a temporary roundabout, pedestrian crossings, asphalting and new line marking.
Various machinery will be used to perform these works including road saws, excavators, mobile cranes, tipper truck, compaction equipment, vacuum trucks and light vehicles. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
The South Road Intersection with Grange Road and Manton Street, West Hindmarsh will be TEMPORARILY CLOSED from 7pm Friday 8 April 2016 to 6am Monday 11 April 2016
- South Road will be down to one lane in each direction between Hindmarsh Avenue and Grange Road.
- Detours and signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions and alternative detour routes.
- Motorists, pedestrians and cyclist are advised to follow the direction of traffic controllers.
- Emergency Services will be notified of road closures and alternative detour routes.
- No parking on Grange Road and Manton Street within the vicinity of works area will be permitted.
Pedestrian and Cyclist Access
- Pedestrian access at the South Road intersection with Grange Road and Manton Street, West Hindmarsh will be provided under traffic management control during the works.
- Cyclists will be required to dismount to cross the intersection or use the alternative detour routes for road users.
- Temporary bus stop closures and bus detours will apply during the traffic switch weekend from 7pm Friday 8 April 2016 to 6am Monday 11 April 2016.
- All bus stops on both sides of Manton Street and Grange Road, between Adam Street, Hindmarsh and East Avenue, Welland (bus stops 6 to 16) will be temporarily CLOSED during the traffic switch weekend works period.
- Bus routes B10 and B12 will be detoured via East Avenue for eastbound traffic and Welland Avenue for westbound traffic.
- Bus stops and bus routes will return to normal from 6am Monday 11 April 2016.
- Signage will be in place at affected bus stops alerting passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Please visit adelaidemetro.com.au for more information.
For more information on the traffic switch please click here, or contact the project information line on 1300 794 899.