As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking a range of activities at the South Road intersection with Pym Street, requiring a temporary closure of Pym Street.
To safely undertake these works, Pym Street will be temporarily closed to the east of South Road from 7pm, Sunday, 2 September, to 6am, Monday, 10 September. Most activities will be undertaken as day works, seven days a week, however some intermittent night works may also be required.
South Road will be remain open to traffic with two lanes open in each direction.
- Installation of new kerbing, medians and footpaths
- Infill of traffic islands
- Removal of redundant services
- Traffic signal modifications.
Excavator, vacuum trucks, hand tools and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Temporary traffic arrangements
- Signage will be in place to alert motorists to changed traffic conditions and local detour routes.
Access to local businesses
- Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists to local businesses.
- Click here to view a detour map showing access routes into the Dudley Park Industrial Precinct.
Access to properties
- Access to some driveways may be temporarily impacted during these works. Residents will be notified in advance of any works that will have a direct impact, such as temporary driveway restrictions.
- Click Here to view a map showing local access routes. The map has been colour coded to show preferred local access routes for the areas affected by the temporary Pym Street closure.
Pedestrians and cyclists
Pedestrian access across Pym Street east of the South Road intersection will not be permitted from during these works and pedestrians will be directed to use Charron Road.
- Pedestrian access across South Road at Pym Street will not be permitted. Pedestrians will be directed to use the pedestrian crossing at Essex Crescent / Packard Avenue or at the signalised intersection at Torrens Road.
- Cyclists should follow detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian access/crossings.
Bus users – Route numbers 230, 232 and 232R
Bus routes 230 and 232: Inbound will be detoured via South Road, Hotchkiss Crescent, Charron Road on to Pym Street.
- Bus routes 230, 232 and 232R: Outbound will be detoured from Pym Street via Charron Road, Overland Road, South Road, Torrens Road on to Days Road.
- Bus stops 15 and 16 on the south side (outbound) of Pym Street between South Road and Days Road will be temporarily closed.
- Signage will be in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stops.
- Please Click here to view the a map showing the bus detour routes.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaide.metro.com.au
For real time traffic delay information, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and download the app.