As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, temporary concrete traffic barriers will be installed along the:
- eastern side of South Road, between Forster Street, Ridleyton and Orsmond Street, Hindmarsh; and
- Port Road centre medians, between King Street, Croydon, and Anne Street, Hindmarsh
To minimise disruption to peak hour traffic and local business operations these works will be undertaken between the hours of 7pm and 6am from Monday, 14 September, 2015, until Thursday, 17 September 2015.
Night works will be managed to minimise disturbance to the local community as much as possible.
What traffic restrictions will be in place?
- Some temporary lane closures and speed restrictions around the Port Road and South Road intersection will be in place while works are occurring.
- Local detours and signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- Motorists and pedestrians are advised to follow the direction of traffic controllers.
- Bicycle lanes on Port Road will be maintained.
- Emergency Services will be notified of the local road closures and detour routes.
Local Road Closures
- Median crossings along Port Road between Coglin Street, Hindmarsh and King Street, Croydon will be temporarily closed while the temporary traffic barriers are installed.
- Ridley Street at the South Road end will be closed until March 2016 (approximately).
Will there be any changes to bus stops?
- Bus stop 9 on Port Road (south side) will be relocated 200 metres to the east, outside the Hope Inn car park until March 2016 (approximately).
- No changes to bus timetables are anticipated.
For further information on parking, pedestrian and cyclist access, tree removals and to view the map click here.