As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be switching traffic on to the new bridge at the South Road intersection with Hawker Street, Ridleyton.
To minimise disruption to peak hour traffic, works will be undertaken from 7pm Friday 18 August to 6am Monday 21 August 2017, weather permitting.
- Bridge works
- Service relocations
- Line marking
- Traffic signalling works
A vacuum truck, road saw, bobcat, excavator, compaction equipment, mobile cranes, trucks and light vehicles will be used to perform these works. Lighting towers will also be in operation during night works.
Some noise can be expected, however the works will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents and businesses as much as possible.
Temporary traffic arrangements from 7pm Friday 18 August to 6am Monday 21 August 2017:
- Hawker Street will be temporarily closed at South Road.
- Speed restrictions on South Road will apply.
- Temporary local detour routes will be in place and signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained under the direction of traffic controllers.
- Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians are advised to follow traffic signage and the direction of traffic controllers at all times.
Traffic arrangements from 6am Monday 21 August 2017:
- Northbound traffic on South Road will be permitted to turn right on to Hawker Street or perform a u-turn to head south.
- Westbound traffic on Hawker Street will be permitted to turn left and right on to South Road.
- The Bedford Street u-turn facility will be permanently closed.
Bus users – Route numbers 251, 252, 253, 254 and N254
During the works from 7pm Friday 18 August to 6am Monday 21 August 2017:
- Outbound buses will be detoured via Wright Street to Torrens Road.
- Inbound buses will be detoured via Blight Street from Torrens Road.
- Bus Stop 14 (inbound and outbound) on Hawker Street, near Wright Street, will be temporarily closed.
- Bus Stop 15 on South Road (inbound and outbound) between Bedford Street and Dartmouth Street, will be temporarily closed.
- Signage will be in place at these bus stops to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stop.
- Please visit the Adelaide Metro website for more information, at adelaide.metro.com.au
- Download the free app metroMATE from https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/metromate/id1172725642 or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.metromate&hl=en to get real-time information about services and details on disruptions or delays.
For more information please call 1300 794 899, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your patience while these works are being undertaken.