As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be continuing to install new traffic signals and street lighting at the South Road intersection with Grange Road / Manton Street.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will take place from:
- 7pm Thursday 3 November to 6am Friday 4 November 2016.
- 7pm Friday 4 November to 6am Monday 7 November 2016.
Key Activities and Equipment
- Excavation of a trench within the South Road intersection with Grange Road / Manton Street.
- Installation of footings for light poles and traffic signals.
- Backfill and reinstatement of the trench.
A road saw, rock breaker, excavator, vacuum truck, compaction equipment, trucks, light vehicles and lighting towers will be used to perform these works.
- South Road traffic will be reduced to one lane for south bound traffic between Port Road and Manton Street.
- Grange Road will be reduced to one lane for city bound traffic between Bertie Street and South Road.
- Manton Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Bacon Street and South Road.
- Access into Bacon Street from Manton Street will remain open to both left and right turn movements during these works.
- Speed restrictions will apply in the vicinity of the works.
- Signage will be in place to alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
Some noise disturbance can be expected at times while these works are completed, however the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents as much as possible.
For further information about these works please contact us on: 1300 794 899, or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org